Benefits of drinking water
♦ We often overlooked the benefits of drinking water. Drinking water has so many health benefits. Our body is composed of 70% water.
♦ We are constantly losing water from our body primarily via sweets and urine. It will lead to dehydration of our body.
♦ Drinking adequate amount of water prevents dehydration and control the fluid balance of our body.
You will be happy to know the plenty of benefits of drinking water —
♦Increases Brain function and provides energy :
- One of the benefits of drinking water is that it increases brain power. Less intake of water leads to dehydration. Dehydration reduces your energy levels and mood, and which leads to weak memory power and brain performance.
- Since your body is made of 70% water, drinking water helps you think, focus, concentrate and stay alert so, your energy levels also improve.
♦ Helps to decrease the risk of kidney stone formation :
- Drinking plenty of water increases the volume of urine passing through the kidneys. So they are less likely to crystallize and form a kidney stone.
♦ Flushes out toxins :
- Water consumption helps your body flush out waste through sweat and urination. Your body is able to naturally detoxify the body through the use of its lungs, liver, and kidney. Water helps the body to do it more efficiently.
- Consider toxins are the boats floating through your body. Water is the river that floats those toxins out. Don’t let the water level drop or the toxins make get stuck and cause harm.
- Higher fluid intake can rapidly flushing toxins from your bladder and reduce the risk of bladder cancer.
- Drinking water also protects you from urinary tract infections.
♦ Promotes skin health and make your skin glow :
- Drinking water is great for your skin. It helps to moisturize it, keep it soft, reduce acne and pimples and removes wrinkles.
♦ Prevents Bad Breath :
- Dehydration can cause bad breath. Drinking a sufficient amount of water washes away leftover food particles and oral bacteria that lead to bad breath.
♦ Prevents and treats headaches :
- A headache occurs when your body loses essential fluids to function properly. Dehydration can cause the brain to temporarily shrink from fluid loss. This mechanism causes the brain to pull away from the skull, causing pain and resulting in a dehydration headache.
- Drinking water also helps prevent and relieve headaches often caused by dehydration.
♦ Prevents Backaches :
- Dehydration is often an overlooked cause of back pain. The bones of your vertebrae are supported by discs and the central nucleus of each disc is made of water and lack of water can compromise these discs leading to back pain.
- Hydrated muscles are also less prone to sprains and opposite to it, dehydration leads to cramping. Water acts as a natural lubricant for your muscles and joints. Maintain healthy hydration will make you more flexible, less likely to experience sprained ankles.
♦ Promotes weight management and weight loss :
- Drinking plenty of water not only act as a natural appetite suppressant, but it can also improve your metabolism by increasing the metabolic rate of your body and will help you lose weight.
♦ Boosts your Immune System :
- Most overlooked benefits of drinking water is a healthy immune system and drinking water has been directly related to a stronger immune system.
- Water strengthens your immune system in two ways first, it carries oxygen to your body’s cells, which results in properly functioning body systems and secondly, water flushes harmful toxins from your body.
♦ Helps digestion and relieves constipation and maintains regularity
- People who generally do not drink enough water suffer from constipation. consumption of water helps relieve it.
- Drinking water helps break down food (so that body can absorb the nutrients) so prevents constipation.
- Being regular is the result of a healthy digestive system and drinking water helps your body digest everything you eat.
♦ Regulate Body Temperature :
- One of the more well-known benefits of water is the way it restores your body’s cooling system source ie. sweat.
- Sweat is the natural cooling system of your body. And since water is a key ingredient of sweat. your body needs enough water to properly regulate your body’s temperature through perspiration.
♦ Improves Your Heart Health :
- Research has shown a link between coronary water consumption and heart disease. Water maintains the proper viscosity of blood and plasma and fibrinogen distribution.
♦ Puts You in a Better Mood :
- When your internal systems and organs are running better, you’re more likely to feel better about yourself. Your body will also work better when properly hydrated. As a result, you’re more likely to be in a good mood.
♦ Provides energy to maximize physical performance :
- Physical performance can suffer if you are not hydrated. Dehydration can lead to altered body temperature control, increased fatigue. Drinking water relieves tiredness.
♦ Prevents hangovers :
- Alcohol consumption cause dehydration which can lead to a hangover. The unforgiving consequences of alcohol can be prevented by drinking water.
Apart from these benefits, there are so many benefits to drinking water. Start your day off right by drinking a glass of water each morning before breakfast and stay refresh and happy.